Take Charge of Your Wealth and Wellbeing in Divorce and Beyond
“This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life”.
If you’re contemplating divorce, or already in the process, you know how challenging everything can be – navigating the emotions, the decisions, the tasks and the legalities – on top of having to manage your day-to-day responsibilities. Most of all, your financial future can become a big source of stress.
At BDF, we understand exactly what you’re going through. That’s why we created a unique and specialized team focused just on divorcing individuals – so you can be sure of getting the best combination of hard-headed logic with empathetic understanding to help you move forward to the next chapter of your life.
If This is You, We Can Help
- Are you contemplating or beginning the divorce process, and want to understand options as well as prepare for what’s ahead?
- Are you looking for help with the legal, financial, emotional and practical aspects of the process, while still managing the day-to-day?
- Do you want to make the right financial and parenting decisions to best safeguard your own and your children’s wellbeing far into the future?
- Are you close to the finish line, and looking to build a solid foundation for the rest of your life?
If any of these describe you, you would benefit from our specialized expertise. We have created a dedicated and proprietary divorce management process from first-hand experience to help you every step of the way in your journey – so you can take the big and small decisions with confidence, and start over with the best possible financial foundation.
Get Support at Every Step of Your Divorce Journey
Your experienced, empathetic BDF team will do much of the heavy lifting for you:
Advocacy and support
- Help you understand your divorce path options- the pros, cons and fit.
- Educate you on financial, familial and other aspects of your divorce.
- Support you in hiring your divorce professional team, including attorneys, mediators, coaches, therapists, and forensic accountants.
Expert financial guidance
- Help you understand your finances and get organized.
- Uncover financial issues and help you ask right questions.
- Provide you and your attorney a detailed analysis of your settlement options.
- Help you decide when and for how much to settle.
- Guide you on setting up and managing financial accounts, records and documents.
- Provide organizing tools, checklists – even a convenient phone app.
- Implement your divorce decree or the Marital Settlement Agreement (MSA) – taking care of the nitty-gritty details of division of assets, cash flow, taxes, and investments, so you don’t have to.
- Audit your divorce decree annually to ensure you get what you negotiated so hard for.
- Advise you and proactively alert you on when you should consult with your attorney.
BDF Makes Your Tough Road Smoother
Divorce is never easy. But with BDF’s support, you can:
- Reduce the stress of managing multiple tasks and actions.
- Minimize the cost and conflict of your divorce.
- Focus on what’s important, and let go of what’s not.
- Avoid unpleasant surprises when it’s too late to fix them.
- Take sound and balanced decisions considering legal, financial and practical factors.
Our team will be your collaborative partner to put your financial future on a sound footing. We will free you from worrying about the boring and tedious aspects of managing your money so you can focus on what matters – creating the next chapter of your life, with hope, optimism and confidence.
With BDF, You’re Among Friends
It takes one to know one.
Unless you’ve been through a divorce, it’s hard to understand the lows, the demands, and the intense energy it can take out of you.
Heather Locus, founder and leader of BDF’s Divorce Practice Group, found out the truth of this when she personally went through a divorce herself. This first-hand experience compelled her to start a dedicated group focused just on divorcing individuals- so people like you can get the individualized and nuanced expertise and support you need to go through the process with the least hassle and stress.
Our knowledgeable and caring team have resources to help you far beyond the financial side of divorce, including:
- The BDF ClearPath℠ Roadmap for Navigating Divorce.
- When I Do Becomes I Don’t: Five Strategies for a Financially Responsible Divorce webinar.
- The Next Chapter, a handbook to help you understand, organize and manage all the practical aspects of divorce.
- An exclusive divorce column for Forbes, packed with tips and valuable insights.
Divorce can be a scary road to travel. With expert help, you can navigate that road with strength, understanding and clarity. And we’re here to support you do exactly that!
Just click on a link below: