- Chad Carlson was quoted in The Wall Street Journal’s “In Bill Gross’s Wake, Some Financial Advisers Eyeing a Pimco Exit” – Sept 26
- Chad Carlson shared his views in “Gross Gives Janus Much-Needed Shot in the Arm” Investment News – Sept 26
- Chad Carlson shares BDF’s thoughts related to anticipation of potential interest rate hikes in Investment News’ “Fed Decides to Hold Tight on Rates, and Advisers React” – Sept 17
- Mark Balasa was quoted in The Wall Street Journal’s “Investors Reach for a New Kind of ‘Barbell,’” an article about safety-and-risk balancing strategies – Sept 7
- Chad Carlson shared his thoughts on considering portfolio goals when making fund choices in Forbes’ “6 Common Mistakes Even Investing Pros Make” – August 22
- Investment News featured Balasa Dinverno Foltz’s research on state taxes and retirement in their “Best States to Retire for Tax Reasons” – August 22
- Heather Locus shares her thoughts on women’s interest in socially-responsible investing in “Female Clients’ Unique Approach to Investing” in Investment News – August 17
- Mark Balasa was quoted in The Wall Street Journal’s “The Safety and Risk in Ultrashort Bond Funds” – August 8
- Heather Locus recently shared her insights in “How Savvy Financial Advisers Work with Successful Women” in Investment News – August 7
- Heather Locus was quoted in “Systematizing These Processes Will Help Your Firm Grow” in Investment News – July 22
- Balasa Dinverno Foltz is pleased to be ranked number 66 on the Financial Advisors’ 2014 National RIA Survey – July 1
Mark Balasa was recently quoted in “On Cloud 81/2,” an article in the Illinois CPA Society’s Insight magazine, summer 2014, page 32
- Mark Balasa shares his insights in “Five Popular but Dangerous Investment for Individuals”, The Wall Street Journal – July 11
- Armond Dinverno shares his insights in “Building a Better Team,” TD Ameritrade’s Advisor Solutions – 2nd quarter 2014
Balasa Dinverno Foltz is honored to have been named on the Financial Times Top 300 Registered Investment Adviser list – June 26
Congratulations! Matt Mikula was awarded the 2014 Investment News Top 40 Under 40 award – June 2014
BDF is honored to be named third among the Best Places to Work in Illinois in the small company category by the Daily Herald – June 2014
Chad Carlson shares his insights in “Bill Gross’ tarnished crown”, Investment News – June 15
BDF is honored to be ranked among the CNBC Top 100 Fee-Only Wealth Management firms – May 2014
Chad Carlson shares his insights in “Advisors’ Confidence Falls For Fourth Month in a Row”, Wealth Management. com – May 30
Heather Locus shares her insights in “Five Myths About Retirement”, The Wall Street Journal – May 24
Jen Lake shares her insights in “Financial Advisers Eye Social Security Benefits Planning”, Financial Advisor.com – May 21
BDF is honored to be ranked among the Forbes Top 50 Wealth Managers
- Mike Foltz & Jim King presented “Financial Planning for Business Owners” at the Exit Planning Institute’s CEPA program – May 13
- Jen Lake and Julie Bucaro presented “Smart Finances for Smart Women” at Charles Schwab in Northbrook – May 7
- Nick Cosky shares his insights on “Avoiding pitfalls: five mistakes of a business owner”, Daily Herald Business Ledger – May 7
- Chad Carlson shares his insights in “Alternative Mututal Funds Draw Concerns“, The Wall Street Journal - May 1
- Nick Cosky guest blogs “Are You Beating the Market??” on 12five.com – April 30
- Mark Balasa is featured in Morningstar’s Individual Investor Conference video report “Become a Better Index Investor” – March 22
- Heather Locus contributed to the article Common Divorce Questions Q&A in Divorce Magazine - Winter/Spring 2014
- Mark Balasa quoted in “When Bond Funds Think Outside the Box”, The New York Times – April 4
- Heather Locus promotes event in “Special Shopping for Spring at North Shore Exchange, Art Wear Unlimited”, Glencoe News Sun Times – April 9
- Phil Ridolphi is quoted in “The Rise of the Robo Advisors”, Financial Advisor – April 1
- Mike Foltz is quoted in “Tax Strategy Shifts from Gifting to Inheritance”, Wall Street Journal – March 26
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Advisers Ratchet Up Scrutiny of Pimco”, Investment News – March 21
- Mark Balasa is quoted in “Surprised By Your 2013 Tax Bill? You’re Not Alone”, NASDAQ.com – March 15
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Advisers Warn Against 401(k) Loans”, The Wall Street Journal – March 3
- Armond Dinverno is quoted in “Advisers eyeing Pimco carefully in wake of upheaval”, Investment News – February 28
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Pimco’s Gross Defends Competitive Culture”, The Wall Street Journal” - February 27
- Mark Balasa is quoted in “Schwab Announces Roll Out of Schwab Open View Mobile”, Charles Schwab Online Newsroom - February 24
- Mike Foltz wrote the article “One Tax System? How about Four!” for Boomeon.com – February 14
- Armond Dinverno participated on a panel for a Financial Planning Editorial Insights webinar: Best Practices and Strategies for Growth from Top RIA’s – February 12
Armond Dinverno and Balasa Dinverno Foltz LLC are featured in “Happy Employees Are Vital To Success“, Investment News - February 9
Nick Cosky is quoted in “Treasure Assets“, Heritage Magazine for the Intelligent Collector - Winter 2013/2014
Armond Dinverno sat on the panel for the Ensemble Ownership Institute in La Jolla, CA – February 5-7
- Chad Carlson attended the PIMCO Institute for Wealth Managers – February 5-7
- Julie Bucaro and Jen Lake attended the TD Ameritrade 2014 National Conference – January 29-31
- Mark Balasa is quoted in “4 Reasons Bank-Loan Funds are Risky“, Fox Business – January 9
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Great year for bread and butter strategies on Wall Street”, UPI.com - December 31
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Winners of 2013: Boring Investors”, The Wall Street Journal - December 30
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “In Retirement, Playing Stock More Aggressively“, The Wall Street Journal - December 26
- Susan Korin participated as a speaker in TDA’s webcast “Sourcing & Onboarding Your Breakout Growth Hire” – December 19
- Mark Balasa is featured in “Selling Sky-High Securities: 3 Year-End Tax Tips“, www.blackrockblog.com - December 17
- Mike Foltz is featured in “Pay Attention to State Estate Taxes”, The Wall Street Journal - December 15
- Heather Locus is quoted in “Time to Hire a Professional Manager?“, Financial Planning.com – December 2
- Jim King and Jen Lake presented “Year End Tax Planning” at Charles Schwab in Geneva, IL – November 7
- Mark Balasa participated as a panelist on “A New Age of Wealth Management” at a Dow Jones exclusive roundtable discussion – November 7
- Armond Dinverno represented BDF at The Western Golf Association’s third annual Green Coat Gala to benefit the Evans Scholars Foundation at The Peninsula Chicago – November 6
- Mike Foltz and Jim King presented “Financial Planning for Business Owners” to the Exit Planning Institute – November 5
- Mike Foltz attended the Illinois State Bar Association’s Business Advice and Financial Planning Committee meeting – October 25
- Armond Dinverno attended the Notre Dame Tax & Estate Planning Institute – October 17-18
- Heather Locus participated in the Women Advisors Panel, “Path to Equity”, at the NAPFA National Conference in Philadelphia – October 9
- Mark Balasa is quoted in “Active ETF’s Still Trying to Make Waves“, The New York Times, - October 5
- Gary Pattengale is quoted in “How You Can Improve Your Company’s 401(k) Plan”, The Wall Street Journal – October 5
- Heather Locus was featured in the Divorce Magazine article “Critical Tax Information to Consider Before Agreeing to Your Divorce Settlement” – October 2013
- Chad Carlson attended Morningstar’s ETF Conference – October 3-4
- Chad Carlson attended iShares Fall Macro Forum in Chicago – October 2
- Chad Carlson attended State Street SPDR ETF RIA Partner Symposium in Boston – September 30
- Mike is featured in “Voices: Michael Foltz, on Planning for State Estate Taxes”, The Wall Street Journal – October 2
- Armond Dinverno sat on the panel “Top Adviser Case Study” at the Investment News 2013 Best Practices Workshop – September 25
- BDF was awarded 2013 Best Practices by Investment News – September 25
- Heather Locus and Mike Foltz presented “Top Obamacare and Tax Strategies for Business Owners in 2013″ at the Chicago Agricultural Summit – September 24
- Mark Balasa is quoted in “Inflation Protection for Your Portfolio” The Wall Street Journal” - September 19
- Matt Mikula was featured in the atDivorce.com article “Case Study: Financial Decision Making During a Divorce” – September 16
- Matt Mikula is featured in the Divorce Magazine.com Financial Planning article “The Unlucky Housekeeper” – September 2013
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Beyond the benchmark: How advisors discuss performance“, Vanguard ETF Perspectives - Fall 2013
- Mike Foltz is quoted in “Estate Planners Turn Focus to Income Tax“, The Wall Street Journal – September 7
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “The Seven Deadly Sins of Investing”, The Wall Street Journal - August 31
- BDF wins Investment News 2013 Best Practices Award
- Heather Locus is featured in “True Grit”, InvestmentNews - July 28
- Mark Balasa is featured in Morningstar.com video “Psychological Road Blocks to Retirement Income” – July 24
- Heather Locus is featured in “Voices: Heather L. Locus, on Financially Responsible Children”, The Wall Street Journal Wealth Management Journal - July 23
- Mark Balasa is featured in Morningstar.com video “Avoiding Today’s Lurking Behavioral Land Mines” – July 22
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Safer Short-Term Bond Funds See Outflows”, Weekend Investor The Wall Street Journal - July 5
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “Short-Term Bond Funds Not Immune to Selloff”, Wealth Management The Wall Street Journal - July 3
- Chad Carlson is quoted in “At Midyear, Market Is More Jittery, Less Optimistic“, The Wall Street Journal – June 29
- Mike Foltz attened the Illinois State Bar Association conference June 21.
- Armond Dinverno attended Schwab EXPLORE 2013 in Arizona – June 19-21.
- Chad Carlson attended the iRebal 7th Annual Users Conference June 18-19.
- Heather Locus presented “Human Capital Management” at the TD Ameritrade 2013 Elite Summit in Palm Beach, FL – June 11-13.
- Chad Carlson attended “Unconstrained Investing in a Post Style Box World” at JP Morgan – June 6
- Julie Bucaro co-presented “Helping Aging Loved Ones Get Their Financial and Legal House in Order” with Arnstein & Lehr LLP in Chicago – May 23.
- Heather Locus presented “Raising Financially Intelligent Children” at Charles Schwab – May 22
- Chad Carlson attended the Dimensional Global Conference – May 21-23.
- Mike Foltz is quoted in “Focus Shifts to State Estate-Tax Planning“, The Wall Street Journal - May 16.
- Mark Balasa and Chad Carlson attended the Vanguard Investment Forum – May 15.
- Heather Locus is featured in “Prenups May Not Be Romantic, But Smart Biz Owners Embrace Them”, Crain’s Chicago Business - May 13
- Stephen Kawasaki, Casey Shaw and Matt Haas attended the DFA Conference in Chicago – May 9-10.
- Nick Cosky and Gary Pattengale attended the NAPFA National Conference in Las Vegas, NV – May 7-10.
- Heather Locus presented “Couples and Money: Understanding and Overcoming Money Issues” at Allstate – May 9.
- Heather Locus, Julie Bucaro and Jen Lake presented “Financial Tips for Successful Women in Uncertain Times” on May 9th, 15th and 22nd at Charles Schwab.
- Mike Foltz was appointed to serve as a member on the 2013-2014 Illinois State Bar Association’s Business Advice and Financial Planning Section Council.
- Gary Pattengale presented “Making Ends Meet on a Tight Budget” at Allstate – May 7.
- John Smith was quoted in “A Strategy for Business Owners to Avoid Investment Tax” in The Wall Street Journal - May 6
- Nick Cosky and Matt Mikula presented “Dollars and Divorce: Navigating Through the Financial Uncertainties” at the Mediation Council of Illinois Conference held at Harper College – May 3.
- Heather Locus attended the “Institute for Divorce Financial Analyst™ Conference” held in San Diego April 17-19.
- Mark Balasa was quoted in “Some Clients Question Market as Volatility Returns“, in The Wall Street Journal – April 19.
- Mark Balasa was quoted in “Goldenfreude: Skeptical Advisers Can’t Help Gloating” in Bloomberg.com – April 17.
- Armond Dinverno was featured in “Armond Dinverno builds a winning team” in InvestmentNews – April 17.
- Watch our latest video, “Momentum.” This video features Mark Balasa, Chief Investment Officer & Founder, and Toby Moskowitz, Fama Family Professor of Finance (University of Chicago Booth School of Business) – April 12.
- Matt Haas attended the “Clean Energy Challenge” hosted by the Clean Energy Trust – April 4.
- Heather Locus testified at the House Judiciary Committee Hearing regarding Illinois House Bill 1029 legislation, the Uniform Collaborative Law Act – April 1.
- Chad Carlson was featured in “Why Emerging Markets? Growth, Demographics and Yield” in AdvisorOne – March 19.
- Armond Dinverno spoke on the panel for “The CFP’s Role in the Estate Planning Process” hosted by the NAPFA Midwest Estate Planning Symposium – March 14.
- Heather Locus was quoted in “2013 Business Solutions Conference” on RIABiz.com – March 11.
- Heather Locus participated in the “Breakout Growth Advisor Panel” at the FPA Conference – March 9.
- Chad Carlson presented “Emerging Markets vs. Frontier: Where is the Growth Opportunity?” at the Inside ETFs conference – February 10-12.
- Chad Carlson was quoted in “The 7 Financial Papers to Stash in Your Hurricane Survival Kit” in the Business Insider – October 29.
- Mark Balasa attended PIMCO’s “Institute for Wealth Managers 2013″ – January 28-30.
- Tom Collar and Heather Locus attended the 2013 AAML “Financial and Tax Issues in Divorce Conference”– January 21.
- Mike Foltz attended the University of Miami’s “Heckerling Estate Planning Conference” – January 14-18.
- Chad Carlson was featured in “Why I Own: VBK” in the ETF Report – January 4.
- BDF was featured in Crain’s Executive Guide: Wealth Management.
- BDF was named one of the “Top 50 RIAs” by Financial Planning magazine.
- BDF was named one of the 2013 “Best Places to Work in Illinois” by The Daily Herald Business Ledger.
- Follow Chief Investment Officer, Mark Balasa, on Inc.com.
For more, see “News & Insights”